Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Plan

I have been traveling with my dad around England and Ireland the past few days and have not had time to post. And, crazy as it sounds, I leave London on Saturday. So here’s the plan:

I am not going back to the States right away. I will be traveling across Europe with one of my friends until May 19th and will arrive back in Boston sometime around 5 pm on that day. From there I will take a bus to Albany.

My travel itinerary for this two-week expedition is as follows:

Lisbon, Madrid, Paris, Venice, Florence, Vienna, Berlin, London, Boston, Albany. It is going to be hectic I am sure, but I am looking forward to it because it is one of the reasons why I decided to study abroad.

My hope is to be able to post during this trip, but as you may remember from my Spring Break travels, it might not be possible to reach the Internet sufficiently. Only time will tell. Regardless, I am just writing this to tell you that this will not be the final post. I plan on doing an extensive wrap-up that reflects on the entire semester. If you have been following my trip, you won’t want to miss the final post – I promise you. In the meantime, keep checking the blog to see if I have written. If I haven’t, please don’t be mad. It just means the logistics haven’t worked out.

The wrap-up will be posted by June 1 so make sure to check back sometime around then.

Comments Welcome,

Andrew

10 comments:

Nick said...

Haha, I wasn't mad... just messin' with ya. Looks like you're having a fantastic time with you dad!

Enjoy!

Steph said...

Let me know if you end up in Madrid before the 9th! Hoepfully you'll get to spend more than 6 hours here...

Andrew Waite said...

Nick,
Lol. I actually wrote that post before reading your comment.

Steph,
Will do.

Nick said...

Andrew,
Well I suppose once again, I've been beaten to the first punch... seems to happen to me a lot. Like I said, though, really do hope you continue having a great time with your father.

Steph,
Unlike some people, Mr. Waite allows much more than a measley six hours to tour a hot-spot destination. He knows how it's done. A hella awesome travel (and blogging) pro.

Nick,
You're the coolest. Good luck on your finals.

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew,it nice you spent time with your Dad.Have a great time traveling around. Alan

Jeff said...

Hey Dude,

First off, congrats on the byline, well done! I just wanted to say have fun and be safe in your travels...There are a couple tickets waiting here for you when you get back. Lata.

Love,
Jeff

P.S. ...that picture of dad???

Anonymous said...

Andrew,

Well, I returned to Albany about four am London time. I had a great time and wish you well on your sojourn through Europe.

I agree with Jeff - Is that the best pic??? I know about taking time to smell the roses, but....

Love,

Dad

Andrew Waite said...

Alan,
I will.

Jeff,
Can't wait. i will be safe. That pic is hilarious!

Dad,
Glad to hear it. I will change the pic, but I still think it's great.

Nick said...

Well Waite... I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but now that Steph's got video, I think the battle of the blogs is over. It was the one trump card you held, and turns out she was storing one in her back pocket the whole time.

Enjoy LeBron in the second round!

Andrew Waite said...

Nick,
I will admit defeat by point out my inspirational role.